Well, today was Round #3. The category was Top 40. The kids could pick any song that was on the top 40 list in the last calendar year. Katja sang "Party in the USA". See song below.
Compared to the other contestants, I felt she did very well and should move on to the next round of six. However, I must admit that I found her singing lacking in energy. She sang this song for me various times at home in the living room with much more energy while dancing and having fun. Today, when I watched her, I felt she was going through the motions but her heart wasn't into it. Later I asked one of her teachers if she agreed with me and she told me that Katja had been acting like she was "out to lunch" all day long at school. We all have those days, I guess.
Chris (her boyfriend), one the other hand, was ON! He sang "Hey There, Delilah!" and dedicated the song to Katja. The gesture could have come across as quite "cheesy", but he was so earnest and passionate in his singing that he moved us all. One of the teachers claimed to have cried. His song is below....
Only six will move to round #4. We'll see if Katja and/or Chris are among them!
3 comments:
Can't wait to hear what happens in the next round! Good luck Katja!
Ehh Hmmm, where is the update on the idol competition...I've been waiting!
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We won't know until Saturday. They will post it online. They had TAKS testing this week so NOTHING fun could go on. ;( She's ranked 1st with the judges (I'm not supposed to know that...my inside source) but she's up against some VERY popular children, so it could go either way. Cross your fingers!!!
Post a Comment